problems getting android to run

Jozef Siska yoyo at om.ksp.sk
Sat Feb 20 01:57:23 CET 2010

On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 01:23:38AM +0100, Serdar Dere wrote:
> Hi Jozef,
>
> how did you tried it?
> here is a short review:
> unpack contents of tar.gz to fat
> run nor
> boot from micro sd
> that should work
> --
yes, I put the files on a fat (i tried a sd card with a single fat
partition and another with a fat and an ext2 partition),
then booted it through NOR u-boot, it started, installed qi, rebooted
and got stuck at the white screen...

it seems that qi cannot load the kernel from nand or something like
that, because it can start SHR I have on an sd card...

> flashing kernel.img to kernel and system.img to rootfs should also work
> (if you are able to use usb cable to flash)

I tried that, but still qi can't load/start the kernel...

I wanted to at least try it, so I booted the kernel by starting NOR u-boot,
using dfu-util to upload the kernel to memory and booting it with uboot:
dfu-util  -a 0 -D kernel.img -R
and then in uboot:
setenv bootargs ${bootargs_base} rootdelay=5 ${mtdparts} ro loglevel=8; bootm 0x32000000

(I used that some time ago to boot some of the first versions of
andoroid, as I didn't want to replace u-boot at that time ;)

This started the kernel, displayed the android/freerunner logo and
didn't go any further...

so I tried master, because that doesn't have the logo, booted it in the
same way and it stopped with the output I wrote in the original mail...

yoyo

      _
YoYo () Siska      web: http://people.ksp.sk/~yoyo/