Debian - issues

Sebastian Reichel elektranox at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 15:13:37 CET 2010

On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 02:04:03PM +0100, omcomali.rhn at porcupinefactory.org wrote:
> I guess I'm going to wait for a new kernel as Timo suggested.

I guess I will upload one later today. It will require loading more
modules @ boot time. I hope this will ease migration to the normal
Debian kernel once it's ready :)

> By the way, can any of the Debian gurus suggest an easy way to rebuild a Debian
> package with different build options? And would a shared library built this way
> work on SHR?

roughly said it can be done like this:

apt-get source $package
edit the debian/rules file according to your needs
dpkg-buildpackage

I'm not sure what you mean by the last sentence. If you change e.g.
libphone-ui you just have to make sure, that the ABI remains the
same. Btw. which build options are you talking about?

-- Sebastian