Debian - issues

omcomali.rhn at porcupinefactory.org omcomali.rhn at porcupinefactory.org
Sat Feb 20 19:23:47 CET 2010

On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 15:13:37 +0100
Sebastian Reichel <elektranox at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 02:04:03PM +0100, omcomali.rhn at porcupinefactory.org wrote:
> > I guess I'm going to wait for a new kernel as Timo suggested.
>
> I guess I will upload one later today. It will require loading more
> modules @ boot time. I hope this will ease migration to the normal
> Debian kernel once it's ready :)
>
> > By the way, can any of the Debian gurus suggest an easy way to rebuild a Debian
> > package with different build options? And would a shared library built this way
> > work on SHR?
>
> roughly said it can be done like this:
>
> apt-get source $package
> edit the debian/rules file according to your needs
> dpkg-buildpackage
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by the last sentence. If you change e.g.
> libphone-ui you just have to make sure, that the ABI remains the
> same. Btw. which build options are you talking about?
>
> -- Sebastian

Thanks, I'm going to give it a try.

Well, I meant mostly the ABI, processor type and possible incompatibilities I have no idea about.
The reason behind it: I've had trouble building a package on SHR or openembedded cross-toolchain, so I tried to hack the problem away using LD_LIBRARY_PATH with Debian /usr/lib, but it resulted in illegal instructions.
I don't know the exact reason (different ABI? incompatible library versions?), so I was asking just in case.

The package is mrpt-libs, and the build options are its dependencies on various big packages I don't need or want, e.g. OpenCV.

Cheers,
rhn