tangoGPS 0.99.3 is out

Helge Hafting helge.hafting at hist.no
Sat Feb 20 22:54:02 CET 2010

Marcus Bauer wrote:

>Hi,
>
>tangoGPS is out with lots of speed improvements and a lot less of CPU
>usage.
>
>Moreover the speed display is now set in pixels and no longer in
>points  - especially on SHR that should result in lot smaller digits.

Very nice! The smaller speed digits is much better on this display.:-)

I have one wishlist item still:

Tangogps remembers the last position and zoom level. And it remembers if it
was logging to a file the last time it was running.
It'd be very nice if tangogps also
remembered the status of the "center on gps position" setting,
instead of always defaulting to not follow the gps around.

So if I quit tangogps while the map is centering on current position, then it will
keep sentering on the gps position when tangogps is restarted. That way, it won't be necessary
to press that button everytime I restart tangogps as a map display in the car.

Helge Hafting