tangoGPS 0.99.3 is out

Neil Brown neilb at suse.de
Sun Feb 21 04:03:13 CET 2010

On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 22:54:02 +0100
"Helge Hafting" <helge.hafting at hist.no> wrote:

> Marcus Bauer wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >tangoGPS is out with lots of speed improvements and a lot less of CPU
> >usage.
> >
> >Moreover the speed display is now set in pixels and no longer in
> >points  - especially on SHR that should result in lot smaller digits.
>
> Very nice! The smaller speed digits is much better on this display.:-)
>
> I have one wishlist item still:
>
> Tangogps remembers the last position and zoom level. And it remembers if it
> was logging to a file the last time it was running.
> It'd be very nice if tangogps also
> remembered the status of the "center on gps position" setting,
> instead of always defaulting to not follow the gps around.

I have another wish-list item for the 'auto-centre' setting.
It would be great if the button was a toggle that was visually "down" when
the setting was active, and "up" when it was inactive.  A small thing, but it
seems to bother me.

Also I noticed a peculiarity which I haven't tried to reproduce yet, but:

I went for a 1 hour bicycle ride with tangogps recording my path.  It was set
on zoom 13.
When I zoomed in (to 14) to have a closer look at the path, it only showed
the last half hour or so.  When I zoomed it again (to 15) it was the last 15
or 20 minutes. (these are fairly rough figures).
I zoom back out to 13 and I see the whole path.
I this expected.

An hour later (stationary the whole time, but on) the results were the same.
I didn't lose any more of the path as time progressed, but I didn't get it
back either.

NeilBrown