Mic volume extremely soft after buzz fix with SHR unstable

Jan Girlich vollkorn at cryptobitch.de
Sun Feb 21 21:09:05 CET 2010

Hi,

after I got my gta02 A06 a hardware buzz fix late December last year the
mic is very soft with the newest SHR unstable. So I had a look at all
the different tips around and carefully read all emails of the thread
"Experiment: better sound on remote end" and all links mentioned in
there and tried all the suggested tweaks and got rid of any static or
noise, but the mic still is so soft that I literally have to yell at my
phone from close distance in order to be hardly understood by the
callee.

What could be the problem? Any suggestions on what I could try to set
the mic volume to a usable level? Could the problem be related to the
buzz fix?

After fiddling around with the settings for a long time I ended up with
setting the controls in the gsmhandset.state file back to these values.
The other values are untouched.

* control.48:   3
* control.63:   'Mic 2'
* control.12:   7
* control.5:    115

btw: What is the difference
between /etc/freesmartphone/alsa/default/gsmhandset
and /usr/share/shr/scenarii/gsmhandset.state ? Both are mentioned on the
wiki pages I read and latter is mentioned to be the one used by SHR
although the first one exists on my install as well.

Need any more info to help me out?
Thanks
Jan