[debian] phonfsod/phoneuid: fso-deviced killed when calling

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at vanille-media.de
Sun Feb 21 21:59:38 CET 2010

Am Sonntag, den 21.02.2010, 21:45 +0100 schrieb arne anka:
> > fsodeviced provides different plugins for audio routing. You want the
> > alsa one for the FreeRunner.
>
> well, as written, "alsa" kills fsodeviced.

Probably because of the missing alsa data files (see below).

> what kind of audio routing? call seems to work even with "none" (at least
> i hear something when i call my box).

audio routing is necessary i.e. to switch between ring tone and in-call
audio. You might hear the ring tone, if that's the default routing, but
you will not have in-call audio without routing.

> > You're running debian, right? Do they ship the new alsa data files for
> > fsodeviced?
>
> what "alsa data files"?

http://cgit.openembedded.net/cgit.cgi/openembedded/tree/recipes/freesmartphone/fso-alsa-data/om-gta02

Those have to be copied to /etc/freesmartphone/alsa/.

Next week, I'll make fso ship them instead of putting them into OE.

Cheers,

:M: