[Debian] new kernel package

Sebastian Reichel elektranox at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 23:09:53 CET 2010

On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 10:50:10PM +0100, arne anka wrote:
> with that new package, the fr doesn't vibrate on incoming call.
> something missing in the kernel itself or do i need yet another module?

Actually I compiled the vibrator support into the kernel because the
module wasn't working for me. First of all you could check if the
following file exists: /sys/class/leds/neo1973:vibrator/brightness

Apart from this I currently don't know how FSO activates the
vibrator, but probably you should load 'ledtrig_timer'.

btw loading 'ledtrig_heartbeat' module and then
echo 'heartbeat' > /sys/class/leds/neo1973:vibrator/trigger
animates your freerunner - it's quite cool :D

> btw: why is there a cdrom.ko?

I did not change anything containing the keyword cdrom, but
there are usb cdrom drives, so I think it should stay there
as a module.

-- Sebastian