Voice quality on FreeRunner A7 ?

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Mon Feb 22 12:45:23 CET 2010

On Sunday 21 February 2010, Timo Juhani Lindfors wrote:
> Al Johnson <openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk> writes:
> > My settings would be no use to you as I turn down from default not up. I
> > suspect the variations in how loudly people speak and how they position
> > the phone relative to their head have more to do with the need for
> > different settings than variations in the handsets themselves. We would
> > need to do a lot of measurements to find out though.
>
> I currently have an asterisk setup that lets me record calls so that I
> can compare calls made with openmoko against calls made with other
> phones. Is there some standardized test suite that I could play and
> then investigate the recordings?

This should give a starting point, although some of the links are broken.
	http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Call%20Quality%20Metrics

Here's a link to the call-quality-menu file that's mentioned but not linked.
	http://www.loligo.com/asterisk/sounds/Sounds-README.txt
	http://www.loligo.com/asterisk/sounds/call-quality-menu.gsm

I was thinking of measurements to quantify variation in sensitivity between
handsets, and variation in signal level between different people with the same
handset.