Mic volume extremely soft after buzz fix with SHR unstable

Jan Girlich vollkorn at cryptobitch.de
Mon Feb 22 16:00:57 CET 2010

Am Montag, den 22.02.2010, 13:03 +0000 schrieb Al Johnson:
> IIRC the buzz fix reduces the sensitivity of the mic input slightly.

I'm afraid something might be gone wrong with my buzz fix. Had a look at
it yesterday evening and noticed one of the soldering points is really
weak. Maybe that could be a reason? Too little of a connection from the
capacitor to the resistor?

> > After fiddling around with the settings for a long time I ended up with
> > setting the controls in the gsmhandset.state file back to these values.
> > The other values are untouched.
> >
> > * control.48:   3
> > * control.63:   'Mic 2'
> > * control.12:   7
> > * control.5:    115
>
> Controls 48 and 12 are on maximum, while control 5 has 12 steps remaining. You
> still have scope to make the mic a fair bit louder if you need to. 3, 5 and
> 121 would give the same volume level with less chance of distortion.

Tried it. Still so soft that you have to yell really loud at the phone
and only hardly can hear anything on the other end. I'm usually testing
with my stereo, turning it on and putting the phone on the speaker. But
I have to turn my stereo to levels it's getting uncomfortably loud just
to hear a faint noise over the phone.

Fresh out of ideas
Jan