OM future

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at 1407.org
Tue Feb 23 22:02:50 CET 2010

Em 23-02-2010 18:41, Mike Crash escreveu:
> You talk something else than me. I didn't said anything about usage and
> development, only about the phone. Take a today phone and try to use it as
> GPS. In some hours you are out of battery, not very usable for a weekend in
> nature.

I think that can be said of each and every computer with Neo's
capabilities (or better).

> You say, that Neo is like laptop in 2000? Nope, on laptop you can
> write documents, make programming etc. On neo you cannot

I beg your pardon?

WRT typing: Neo doesn't have a keyboard (only on screen emulation). Get
a laptop from 2000 without a keyboard or mouse. Neo can do more (you can
type on the screen).

Now add a bluetooth keyboard: suddenly you can type a lot better.

> The small screen is very limited.

Yes and no. The advantage of being a nice GNU/Linux computer is that you
get your normal applications. The advantage is, you get your normal
applications but they are not thought for small screens.

We need smaller UIs, I recently asked the AbiWord guys to promote a
Google SoC