[SHR-U] WiFi-related memory leak

Denis Shulyaka shulyaka at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 00:53:36 CET 2010

2010/2/24 Timo Juhani Lindfors <timo.lindfors at iki.fi>:
> Hmm. The memory usage of frameworkd actually decreased during the test:
> How can this happen? ;)
> Same for Xorg too:
> and hal:

I have no idea why it decreased. I guess kernel unloads some parts of
executable that are not executed ATM.

> (Why is it running as sshd user btw?!)

I don't know, isn't it default in SHR?

> I have never used slabtop before. Here when wifi is connected it
> displays
>    38     38 100%    4.00K     38        1       152K size-4096

So it's just 152K. In my case it's 40-50K and counting.

BTW, what kind of WiFi authentication and encryption do you use? I use
WPA and TKIP, may be I should try something else?