gta02-core (was Re: OM future)

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at rasterman.com
Thu Feb 25 11:20:56 CET 2010

On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 11:07:54 +0100 rixed at happyleptic.org said:

> Community can be another "pot of gold". You can preorder the phones,
> raise funds, etc (see blender, or wikipedia...).
>
> That's how the small team behind the openpandora was successful.
> Yes, the openpandora is not a phone and thus needs less paperwork,
> administrative authorization and license fees, but on the other hand
> they build a gadget that was top-notch technology at the time of
> design (and still far from being outperformed by competition).

successful? when they took your money 1.5 years ago promised to ship 1.25 years
ago.. and still have not? sitting on your money? aweeeeeeeeeeeeeesome. trust me
- it's already outperformed by things like the nexus-1 or a slew of other htc
stuff - the new snapdragon based soc's and more. by double or more. and it
still has yet to ship a single unit. these others have been shipping for ages
(1ghz shnapragon windows mobile toshiba phone been going for a while now).

openpandora is a wonderful example of a big fat FAIL on this. it's last time my
money goes to any such group/venture.

The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    raster at rasterman.com