gta02-core (was Re: OM future)

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at rasterman.com
Thu Feb 25 11:57:51 CET 2010

On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 11:50:36 +0100 rixed at happyleptic.org said:

> -[ Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 09:20:56PM +1100, Carsten Haitzler ]----
> > openpandora is a wonderful example of a big fat FAIL on this. it's last
> > time my money goes to any such group/venture.
>
> The fact is they proved community does not need to be backed up by
> an industrial pot of gold to build this kind of hardware.
>
> Your personal feelings about the overall outcome is not on topic but
> as far as I can tell from the gp32x forums many people do not consider the
> project as a failure.

they created a pot of gold by lieing to people and getting them to part with
their money. they said it would be shipped by a date (2 or 3 months after you
paid). it still has not shipped. i dont call that a success. i dont care how
much it might be "but that was unexpected delays". a few weeks ok - a few
months. ok. almost 1.5 years of delay and still not shipped - after asking for
money and giving a shipping date almost 1.5 years ago - fail.

The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    raster at rasterman.com