gta02-core (was Re: OM future)

ghislain ghislain at basetrend.nl
Thu Feb 25 12:10:21 CET 2010

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman)-2 wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 02:36:22 -0800 (PST) ghislain <ghislain at basetrend.nl>
> said:
>

>> What about the Ben NanoNote (http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Main_Page).
>> They showed how the process is done, from the beginning to the end (I
>> don't
>> know about the funding).
>
> i dont need yet another mini pda. i have a small army of them - that dont
> replace the phone junk in my pocket. i - and i would say the vast majority
> of
> people, dont want multiple things in their pockets - why do u think pda's
> are
> dead? they want 1, and the phone trumped all of it for communications
> reasons.
> if you dont have a phone you instantly made your potential market a lot
> smaller. if it doesnt fit in a pocket easily - you just shrunk your market
> significantly. the more you move your product into a market niche, the
> more
> likely it is to fail due to just not making enough volume. open products
> is
> already a niche.

It was not an example of what you need, it was an example of how they did it
and what we can learn of it. Also, it's not 'yet another mini pda', because
of it's openness you can use it the way you want, just use your imagination
and your programming skills :)
Your statement 'open products is already a niche' is the exact statement I
heard 15-years ago about open-software. We are just at the beginning, just
give it some time. :)

Ghislain
http://www.basetrend.nl BaseTrend  -  http://www.openmobile.nl openmobile.nl