gta02-core (was Re: OM future)

Rafael Ignacio Zurita rizurita at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 25 20:41:24 CET 2010

Hello,

--- On Thu, 2/25/10, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra <rms at 1407.org> wrote:
> Em 25-02-2010 01:39, Carsten Haitzler
> (The Rasterman) escreveu:
> > boys with the big pots of money are surprisingly close
[snip]
> > compromises. but you can get some of it at least.
>
> Oh come on, don't beat them with a stick, if you don't have people
> working on this now, then when the time comes there will be pretty much
> nothing to show and all the time of development will have to start
> *then* instead of now :)
>
> The beauty of these communities thing is that one resource spent in
> developping gta02-core is not one resource not spent in SHR because (and
> I might be wrong here because I'm not into gta02-core) most likely
> gta02-core people don't feel as excited writing software for a
> smartphone environment (PIM, call support, other apps, etc...).
>
> As such, gta02-core people are not diminishing SHR people, but
> complementing.

You are right and that is my point.

The other bits around about big companies with money
doing propietary stuff is off topic; since the original
thread mail was intended to talk about community
projects which learn the proper software/hardware
development processes needed for an open mobile phone,
no about who is going to do a product for the 95% of
the market and which is that product.

Sorry for my english guys, maybe I did not explain
the idea very well.

Rafael