Quick e-mail poll: Still using your Freerunner?

Linus Gasser list at markas-al-nour.org
Fri Jan 1 15:33:15 CET 2010

Le 29.12.09 21:30, Risto H. Kurppa a écrit :
> Do you use FR as your daily/primary phone?

No

> Do you use FR as your primary PDA?

No

> What distribution you run most of the time?

SHR or hackable:1

> If you don't use FR as your daily phone/PDA, what phone did you change
> over to, and why?

The most simple Nokia money can buy. I need to be able to answer phones,
not:
- scream because buzzing makes it impossible for anybody to understand me
- taking 4 times as much time for writng an SMS compared to the most
cheap Nokia
- constantly loosing SMS or having long SMS cut in two
- rebooting two or three times a day before receiving calls or being
able to make
- taking 5 minutes to write an appointement when it takes me 10 seconds
to do with my do-it-yourself-paper-agenda

I still like it as GPS and GPRS modem, and as mp3-player, though. I'm
planning to fix it in my car as that...

I still think it's a great experiment on open-source development, and I
don't mind having paid the money for it. Furthermore I get very
impressed by the quality of simple Nokia or other phones ;)

Linus