Happy new Year from Golden Delicious Computers

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at computer.org
Sat Jan 2 15:57:22 CET 2010

in the name of the team behind Golden Delicious Computers,
I want to wish you all a Happy New Year and say thank you to those who
bought a Freerunner in our shop last year.

The last year was quite interesting. MWe have seen many changes (to
the positive and negative):
* April: Openmoko had to lay off their developers so there will be no
GTA03 from them
* April: A new project GTA02-core was born to fill the gap and there
has been a lot of progress
* June: we had invested a lot of work and efforts to make the Buzz-
and #1024 rework service available
* July: we organized an Openmoko workshop where Mickey Lauer did a
very good job in explaining how FSO works
* September: it turns out that SHR and FSO become the mainstream
components for the Freerunner-Software, although other projects are
also active. So we continue to have choice.
* October: nevertheless, Openmoko continues to produce GTA02A7
(Freerunner) devices and we continue to sell them
* Feb-Dec: we have had a handful of Openmoko-Stammtisch-Meetings at
Munich where it turned out how many Openmoko (and most of them also
Zaurus) fans are still active.

So we will continue to promote the Openmoko idea i.e. a provider-
independent and really open smartphone platform.

Let's see by December how we will have been able to surprise you this
year.

Nikolaus

PS: http://www.handheld-linux.com/wiki.php?page=Neo%20Freerunner
PPS: please note that our target is not to sell as cheap as possible
but push some money into future oriented projects

Mobile Office Solutions
by Golden Delicious Computers GmbH&Co. KG
Buchenstr. 3
D-82041 Oberhaching
+49-89-54290367
http://www.handheld-linux.com

AG München, HRA 89571
VAT DE253626266
Komplementär:
Golden Delicious Computers Verwaltungs GmbH
Oberhaching, AG München, HRB 16602
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Nikolaus Schaller

Digital Tools for Independent People