[SHR] QVGA and WSOD

Ole Kliemann ole-om-community-2008 at mail.plastictree.net
Sun Jan 3 00:38:28 CET 2010

I figured it out this far:

The problem is independent of X. If you stop the Xserver and do

	# echo "qvga-normal" > /sys/bus/spi/devices/spi2.0/state
	# fbset 240x320

with /etc/fb.modes as follows

	mode "240x320"
		geometry 240 320 240 320 16
		timings 100000 8 88 2 2 8 2
	endmode

then there is a high probability that the screen will fade to WSOD. This
is on latest shr-unstable.

If I flash this kernel [1] from September, keeping the rootfs at latest
shr-unstable, the problem does not occur.

You can then start X and have 240x320 resolution, suspend works without
problems.  Just there are still some horizontal stripe like from bad
timings. What could be the right timings?

I have so far encounter no problems from using the older kernel.

[1] http://buildhost.shr-project.org/shr-obsolete/images/om-gta02/uImage-2.6.29-oe11+gitr119844+a3587e4ed77974adfb057af261aaeea4022018e8-r3.5-om-gta02.bin