Happy New Year from FSO

GNUtoo GNUtoo at no-log.org
Sun Jan 3 19:58:40 CET 2010

On Sun, 2010-01-03 at 16:32 +0100, Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
> we can't even charge the battery N900 with FOSS, so I'd say
> there's a whole set of different showstoppers lurking when attempting
> bring a free OS to the N900. The modem itself is using a binary
> protocol
> as well, as opposed to the Palm Pre though it seems to be somewhat
> documented.
>
> Unfortunately this time I didn't seem to be eligible for a Nokia
> developer discount, that's pretty much the reason why I don't have a
> N900.
More informations are available here:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Free_Maemo
I wonder if we could use(so replace maemo with) stock omap free software
such as:
x-load
u-boot
linux-omap kernel
And look at what works and what doesn't

If we could find a way to charge the battery in some way,and use stock
omap free software it would be great.

By the way we now have suspend to ram with omap CPU.

Denis.