[SHR-U] Wifi?

Christian Rüb christian.rueb at gmx.net
Mon Jan 4 23:18:22 CET 2010

> >> Plain wpa_supplicant has been working for me for many months now (no
> >> encryption, WPA(2) PSK, WEP).
> >
> >Can you post a quick howto here on how you do that?
>
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/WiFi#Using_wpa_supplicant_manually
>
> P.

I use it in conjunction with a wpa_action script (from Debian), so also IP configuration depends on the wireless network and does not have to be dhcp always.
Setting a lower metric for your default gateway on USB (e.g. 100) also makes your traffic go through wireless and not USB...

Once configured, all you have to do is turn wifi on and off...

I have a README and scripts tared here:
http://openmoko.senfdax.de/shr-new-unstable/wpa-roaming.tar
http://openmoko.senfdax.de/shr-new-unstable/wpa-roaming.README

Christian