TangoGPS font size for speed indicator

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Wed Jan 6 22:36:21 CET 2010

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 12:11 PM, Marcus Bauer <marcus.bauer at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 10:52:13 +0200
> "Risto H. Kurppa" <risto at kurppa.fi> wrote:
>
>> As there are now many Tangogps patches that seem to struggle to get to
>> the official tangogps
>
> Stop your FUDing, Risto. There is a great video about poisonous people
> on google lectures made by the devs of svn and you, Risto, are certainly
> one of them.

It must be this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSFDm3UYkeE
Looks interesting, I'll watch it some day.

> You haven't done anything for tangogps but molesting me and spreading
> FUD where ever possible. You haven't even done a translation which
> needs no programming skills whatsoever.

It's true, I haven't contributed to the code nor translations, Timo
Jyrinki translated Tangogps into Finnish.

Kustomizer, the script I wrote to turn OM2008.12 into full distro,
installed Tangogps (http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Kustomizer I don't
have stats from longer period, but the various versions of the script
have been downloaded 5 times already in January 2010 although
Kustomizer's been discontinued for almost 10 months already.. Stop
using it people, go to SHR! ;)

I reviewed Tangogps, liked it a lot and gave it good grades:
http://risto.kurppa.fi/blog/2008/09/freerunner-compatible-gps-software/
(178 hits)

I passed on the word about a new release to the Freerunner community:
http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/community/2008-August/028535.html

In co-operation with the Open Source Geospatial Foundation I started a
mailing list to discuss FOSS-GPS related topics to connect the users &
developers:
(tangogps linked, 675 hits)
(671 hits)

> Not enough that you have been harrassing me in private mails to a point
> that I was close to stop development on tangoGPS you have now hijacked
> #tangogps in freenode against the policies of freenode.net.

Yes, I started the IRC channel and now feel very sorry for doing it.
http://risto.kurppa.fi/blog/2009/11/two-new-irc-channels-tangogps-and-smile-slideshow/
(255 hits)
I did it to enable the users & devels to discuss it real time. We've
had some nice discussion there about some new tools other users have
written and helped other Tangogps users for example to configure map
repositories.

When I started the channel, I notified you about it (e-mail 11/15/09)
asking you to join so I could pass on the admin rights to you.
At that time, I didn't know you need to be the author or similar to
start a channel at Freenode. When someone pointed that out to me, I
was immediately co-operative to do whatever's needed to get things
straight. So if you think it's the best, I can leave the channel any
time, but I cannot force other people to do the same.

> It is poisous people like you who only talk and demand in an
> offensive way but never do anything.

Thank you Marcus for Tangogps. It's still maybe the most used single
application I use on my Freerunner.

The community shall be the judge and point me where did I go wrong.