[Shr-User] Maintain(er) OpenMokoProjects [was: Openmoko projects page down]

Michael Pilgermann KichKasch at gmx.de
Thu Jan 7 13:36:49 CET 2010

Dear all,

thanks a lot for all the input. Just 3 small comments:
- for Google - I think it's more a religious discussion - but it is not only about finding stuff (or got found) more about supporting it actively. And there have been rumours about copyright issues when posting something with Google. (So - to be honest - I wouldn't dare)
- opkg.org has been even "deader" in my eyes than gforge; although I just read the "reanimation" notice on its web site. Well - it has to prove activity first; and in the end it cannot replace a gforge page with all the described functionalities ...
- for the gforge page itself: I am thankful for all the explainations about responsilities regarding the site; however, nobody has yet came up to say: it is me to deal with these problems. So, (well I will wait a bit longer) - but in a long term it should be sensible to migrate ...

An interesting combination I have explored so far should be freshmeat and github. But it all needs some more investigation ... ;)

Any input from other application developers? How do you host your development projects? (I think, most active in this list are kernel - or at least core / distribution - developers) ...

Best
Michael

-------- Original-Nachricht --------