[FSO] the Display resource

Michal Brzozowski rusolis at poczta.fm
Thu Jan 7 21:57:54 CET 2010

Hi,

Sorry this has been documented somewhere. I'm playing with the 'Display'
resource, and I'm totally confused.

If I make this call:
org.freesmartphone.Usage.GetResourceState Display,

and it returns 'true', does it mean that the phone's display is supposed be
on?

If I put this into /etc/freesmartphone/oevents/rules.yaml:

    while: PowerStatus()
    filters: Not(HasAttr(status, "discharging"))
    actions:
        -OccupyResource(Display)
        -OccupyResource(CPU)

Does it mean that if the phone is plugged in the display will be always on,
and the phone will not suspend ?

What's the right way to tell frameworkd that I've modified rules.yaml? pkill
-HUP frameworkd or /etc/init.d/frameworkd restart?

Thanks,
Michal