[Shr-User] Alternatives to FR

Laszlo KREKACS laszlo.krekacs.list at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 08:39:43 CET 2010

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 12:14 AM, Michael 'Mickey' Lauer
<mickey at vanille-media.de> wrote:
>> - Nokia N900
>> http://maemo.nokia.com/n900/
>
> Likely. It uses basic GNU/Linux, and the modem interface is at least
> somewhat known. Advanced drivers (Wifi, BT, PowerManagement, Camera)
> unknown though.

What I fear about N900 is that it always stays as one single high-end
model to nokia.
There were always single model in the past: n700, n800, n810
No other phones appeared using the same software on it.

So I doubt if it will or want to become a widespread platform, or
always stays as
specialty.

Btw, if there an SHR porting effort to N900? Or e libraries?

Best regards,
 Laszlo