Some questions about TangoGPS

KaZeR kazer at altern.org
Sun Jan 10 16:09:28 CET 2010

Le 09/01/2010 12:54, Noel a écrit :
> I'm the only one who sees the **big** advantage of navit over
> tangogps, as being able to work **offline**, with very-easy-to-get
> maps? You said that tango is "very fast and very efficient at
> displaying your position". What's the use if the position is displayed
> on an empty map?

I was only trying to be as objective as possible, given the fact that
i'm a member of the navit project :)

But i do agree, having the maps on my uSD card has a big advantage,
should it be when i go to belgium (GPRS would cost me an eye abroad) or
when in a area with poor signal strenght. And i'm not talking of the
turn by turn instructions.

On the other hand, Markus gave us a very nice piece of software, kudos
to him!