TangoGPS Heart Rate Patch

Tobias Prousa topro at gmx.de
Mon Jan 11 16:06:55 CET 2010

Dear List,

I would like to inform you that I am working on a patch against tangoGPS to support heart rate recording with data provided by a bluetooth heart rate sensor (currently only zephyr hxm, any BT sensor possible if documentation is available). Patch is working already, might still needs some fine tuning.

At the moment I display current HR as map osd the same way speed is done and HR gets recorded to track files as additional parameter per timestamp (only when hrm is enabled in tangogps settings screen - so nothing changes for users without heart rate recording). This could be of great interest for all those free-bikers (like me) and free-runners out there.

I hope Marcus might be interested to integrate that patch into tangoGPS mainline. If you are, I could send some more information and a first version of my patch (currently developed against tangogps 0.99.1)

Kind regards,
Tobi