Mer on Freerunner

Jeroen Wouters woutersj at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 15:00:41 CET 2010

On 13.01.2010 14:12, Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio wrote:
> Dear list:
> Has anyone installed Mer [1] on a Freerunner?
Yes, I have. I believe a 500 Mb SD should suffice.

You should note that the Freerunner port of Mer is not being actively
developed. The newer versions of Mer are intended to bring some of the
shiny new effects of the N900 to previous iterations of the Nokia
internet tablet. I don't think the Freerunner would cope very well with
these. If you want to try, it may be possible to build a more recent
image yourself using the imager script:
http://gitorious.org/mer/imager

Also, since it's developed as an OS for internet tablets, there is
currently no telephony stack included.

Regards,
Jeroen