OT: Where can I meet a female companion with similar interests and personality /in person/?

Ben Wong lists.openmoko.org at wongs.net
Fri Jan 15 15:07:04 CET 2010

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 1:15 PM, Brolin Empey <brolin at brolin.be> wrote:
>  This subject is covered in Ellen Spertus’s 1991 paper titled “Why are
> There so Few Female Computer Scientists?”:
>
> <http://people.mills.edu/spertus/Gender/pap/pap.html>

Thanks for the link.  Reading it reminds me of the time I was writing
a  paper which had many examples of computer users.  For half of them
I used female pronouns.  I was amused and slightly disturbed that my
co-author (from the Netherlands) fixed my "mistakes" by changing them
all to male.

--Ben

P.S. To gmail users: Never want to see this thread again? Click "More
Actions" -> "Mute".