movie playback on FR

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Mon Jan 18 14:35:01 CET 2010

My panasonic DMC-TZ15 takes some nice 640x480/ffmpegjpeg/30fps movies
as .MOV files that I would like to have on the FR - but of course they
play well on a desktop but are unplayable using mplayer (too much
bandwidth) on the FR.

So, what are the best settings to play something like this and how to
convert the files? (320x240, convert using mplayer/ffmpeg/transcode/or
what?).  Is it possible to keep 640x480 and tweak other parameters?

This is actually the first time I can remember trying to play a movie on
the FR in 18 months I have had it :)

BillK

Home in Perth!