New significant speedups coming to FreeRunner

Helge Hafting helge.hafting at hist.no
Mon Jan 18 16:52:11 CET 2010

Radek Polak wrote:

>> Here are mine numbers on QtMoko:
>>
>> kernel size:
>> old: 1 833 952
>> new: 1 660 364
>>
>> boot time
>> old: 1min 58s
>> new: 1min 30s
>
> Btw if someone wants to try here is new kernel with modules:
>
> http://activationrecord.net/radekp/qtmoko/download/experimental/

Installed the kernel, and the modules.

It did not work. Well, X came up and was nice and snappy, but
the phone never connected to the GSM network. I tried shr-settings,
and GSM could not be turned on!

I tried booting several times, I tried restarting various fso daemons
that seemed phone-related.

Nothing helped. In the end, I flashed the latest shr-unstable kernel,
booted, and got a GSM connection just fine. (I use shr-unstable of today.)

Too bad this kernel didn't work, it seemed very interesting.

Helge Hafting