[debian/shr apps] conatcts app crashes with full addressbook w/o any error message

Sebastian Reichel elektranox at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 21:12:10 CET 2010

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 08:51:25PM +0100, arne anka wrote:
> > Can you check what is actually crashing? The framework? phoneuid? I
> > will update the framework later. There were some changes in opimd
> > since the last Debian package.
>
> actually, it really seems to be only the contacts app itself. messages and
> dialer come up fine, but once i hit in dialer the button to open contacts
> (to select a number), even the dialer crashes.

Can you install gdb and check for the segfault reason?

shh freerunner
$ export DISPLAY=:0.0
$ gdb phoneuid
# run
# bt

You should install libphoneui-shr-dbg and libphoneui0-dbg before,
though.

> phoneuid log and phonefsod log are both silent about that, although set to
> DEBUG (and since today's update of fso-config-gta02 the frameworkd log
> stays empty. not sure if coincidence or causation, though).

Ah I may have forgotten to switch default logging back to file. Can
you check your frameworkd's config?

-- Sebastian