New significant speedups coming to FreeRunner

Neil Jerram neiljerram at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 18 23:58:05 CET 2010

2010/1/18 Timo Juhani Lindfors <timo.lindfors at iki.fi>:
> Neil Jerram <neiljerram at googlemail.com> writes:
>> [21474539.530000] pcf50633-rtc pcf50633-rtc: hctosys: unable to read
>> the hardware clock
>
> Can't find this from logs here. Does
>
> cat /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/since_epoch
>
> fail also?

Yes:

debian-gta02:~# cat /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/since_epoch
cat: /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/since_epoch: Invalid argument

>Can you reboot a few times and see if you see the bug every
> time or just sometimes?

I'm certain it's happened every time that I've rebooted (which is 2 or
3 times per day, because of playing with zhone code).  It's very
noticeable, because it's the first (and in fact only) message when the
backlight first comes on.

>> debian-gta02:~# modprobe rtc-s3c
>
> This is wrong module anyway.

Fair enough, I was just stabbing in the dark there.

Thanks for your reply!

     Neil