[QtMoko] Call volumes

Brolin Empey brolin at brolin.be
Tue Jan 19 03:24:06 CET 2010

Denis Johnson wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 9:23 AM, Brolin Empey<brolin at brolin.be>  wrote:
>> I think you mean this post:>
>> <http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/community/2009-October/057319.html>
>
> Indeed that is the one I was referring to, thanks. I also found this one
> http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/community/2009-December/058189.html

Interesting, but I use only QtMoko, not SHR.

>> Please see my reply to Vinzenz Hersche’s post in this thread.
>
> Yes thanks, although your suggestion of putting control 48 to max of 3
> seems to contradict
>     "48. The advice on the wiki is bad, and likely to lead to
> distortion. Keep 48
>     low unless you have 12 and 5 near maximum."

I /do/ have 12 and 5 near maximum:

         control.12 {
                 comment.access 'read write'
                 comment.type INTEGER
                 comment.count 1
                 comment.range '0 - 7'
                 iface MIXER
                 name 'Mono Sidetone Playback Volume'
                 value 6
         }

         control.5 {
                 comment.access 'read write'
                 comment.type INTEGER
                 comment.count 1
                 comment.range '0 - 127'
                 iface MIXER
                 name 'Mono Playback Volume'
                 value 110
         }

> do you happen to know if we need to restart QTExtended or will changes
> to the state file take immediate effect.

IIRC, QtEI must be restarted.

> I also wonder how the QTMoko settings, call options, call volume
> interacts with these state files as it does not modify them if you
> change one or both sliders.

I do not know.