New significant speedups coming to FreeRunner

Helge Hafting helge.hafting at hist.no
Tue Jan 19 09:28:10 CET 2010

David Garabana Barro wrote:
> On Monday 18 January 2010 16:52:11 Helge Hafting wrote:
[...]
>> Too bad this kernel didn't work, it seemed very interesting.
>
> I don't know what is causing gsm to not register, but it's not kernel, for
> sure.

It may be some kind of race condition in the SHR software, that
gets trigged much more often with the faster kernel.

Still, the solution for now is an old kernel, for I need
the phone to work as a phone.

Fixing SHR shouldn't be hard, once the race
condition is found. If one program depend on another, then
start them in sequence instead of simultaneously. Or have
the dependant program issue "sleep 1" and then retry
whenever the other program isn't there.

Helge Hafting