debian/fso on freerunner

Sebastian Reichel elektranox at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 12:44:12 CET 2010

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 11:57:34AM +0100, arne anka wrote:
> > Tell me please, I understand that debian lags behind the progress? Old
> > frameworkd etc
>
> well, yes. the fso stack lags somewhat behind in at least some of its
> parts, but work is still going on.

frameworkd is a checkout from autumn 2009. I don't think it's that
old. But there will be a package based on current git head in the
next days to solve a problem with libphone-utils anyway ;) The parts
from cornucopia (fso 2.0) are constantly updated by Heiko.

> > the old kernel without the new drivers for glamo,
>
> the kernel should be interchangeable between different distributions (shr,
> debian, qtmoko). thus, once a new kernel is available, you can use it.

I tried to create an updated package, but git-buildpackage failed
for me. I will try again once I find time for this. For now you will
have to do it the way arne anka described. I also hope that luca
decides to continue packaging the kernel for us :)

> > Even I look at leading figures debian pass programs shr

I don't get this sentence, but I'm currently packaging the SHR stuff
for Debian.

-- Sebastian