elm_browser and https

D. Gassen dirk.gassen at web.de
Thu Jan 21 19:52:16 CET 2010

> @ Rui Miguel Silva Seabra
>> specially if you add keyword organization instead of merely hierarchichal
>
>  Can you amplify what you're looking for? I haven't thought much about the
> bookmark management actually.

Well, I'm not Rui ;-) but I've also wished for some time now that browsers would switch to a bookmark system where I can tag a link with a varying number of tags.

E.g., I'd like to tag a German News site like www.zdf.de with "German" and "News" and for example www.bbc.co.uk with "English" and "News". So far I can only put them together in a folder "News" or I can group them by language. If I could have a whole set of tags and tag each link individually I could then maybe have "intelligent groups" that would look for links with certain tags, e.g. "english news sites" require a link to have the tag "English" and "News".

If you're familiar with Aperture on the Mac (or Lightroom should have a similar concept) then you'd probably know what I mean.

Currently I have a lot of bookmarks in folders and sometimes I wish a bookmark could have two different categories at the same time. I currently end up sometimes with bookmarking the same page twice in two different folders. Having tagging capabilities would help me to organize my gazillion of bookmarks better.

Dirk