posting to a blog vs. this list (was: Re: OT: Where can I meet a female companion with similar interests and personality /in person/?)

Sam Kuper sam.kuper at uclmail.net
Sun Jan 24 17:31:17 CET 2010

2010/1/24 arne anka <openmoko at ginguppin.de>

> what is that ruckus all about?

OK Arne, I live approximately 50.5 miles from my parents' house by road,
slightly less as the crow flies. How about you? Maybe we should all discuss
the distance we live from our parents' houses, if you're so sure this sort
of information is of interest to the list. Perhaps I should tell the list
about my sex life too, and which friends I speak to about which issues.

Or alternatively perhaps we should encourage that sort of discussion to
happen off-list, since it's off-topic. I'm not trying to silence Brolin,
just asking him to consider his choice of forum more considerately. Doing so
will likely be to his benefit in the long run, anyhow, since in an
appropriate forum, his personal progress updates and requests for personal
advice would be generally welcomed, not just "tolerated". That's likely to
lead to less tense interaction on both sides.

Over and out,

Sam