[QtMoko] hwclock issue

Neil Jerram neiljerram at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 27 15:17:33 CET 2010

2010/1/26 Joif <fdvjoif at vodafone.it>:

> Hi!
> I'm using QtMoko v16b on the NAND and I have other distro on the uSD.
> My time is GMT+1 and when I have to choose the correct time on QtMoko I set
> it on the Paris time zone. But when I use another distro I see that the time
> reported is exactly GMT not GMT+1.

I don't really know about this part - but could just be that the other
distro doesn't have correct time zone set up.

> Also, some time after a reboot (and
> specially after using Debian) I see during the boot an error message about
> the impossibility to read the hardware clock and to set the time to
> 01/01/1970.

Recently understood; please see here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/community@lists.openmoko.org/msg57473.html

> This error disappears from the boot only if I remove the
> battery.

Ah, that is interesting.  That would explain why I have stopped seeing
this problem.  (I've been trying out SHR testing, and now my RTC is
working even when I switch back to Debian.  I was struggling to
understand why that was.)

Regards,
       Neil