Latest SHR-?

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Fri Jan 29 08:11:49 CET 2010

Interesting - cant say Ive noticed anything bad - quite the reverse.

Everythings working and and some things like GSM serial port access are
far better/more reliable than before.  Then again, the extra changes I
did involve patching a few things, turning off more debug, using the
slub allocator instead of slab, and -02 instead of -Os.

No benchmarks other than it seems "justified" as far as
speed/reliability go compared to the old debug kernels and works well
with shr-t :)

BillK

On Fri, 2010-01-29 at 07:26 +0100, Martin Jansa wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 10:15:55AM +0800, William Kenworthy wrote:
> > shr-testing is probably the most usable out-of-the-box at the moment.
> > Only a few "annoyances" rather than show stoppers.
>
> IMHO best way is to install both shrs on different partitions and switch
> to 2nd if something goes wrong.
>
> > The current kernel has most debugging disabled and though I used the
> > default briefly (modified it for more speed soon after!), it seemed
> > quite fast as is.
>
> No.. it's not disabled anymore (after few users reported that they see
> more issues with nodebug/nopreemt kernel).
>
> Cheers,

Home in Perth!