[ANN] Freerunner GTA02A7+ on regular sales

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at computer.org
Fri Jan 29 08:53:10 CET 2010

Dear all,
to further improve the Freerunner hardware, we have done another
upgrade and are now the first to sell the new variant GTA02A7+ from
stock.

The difference to the A7 is that the #1024 rework ("recamping bug")
has already been applied. Therefore the A7+ device now has a much
longer standby time in the case that the Calypso GSM modem goes to
sleep mode (AT%SLEEP=4).

The product link is

	http://www.handheld-linux.com/wiki.php?page=Neo%20Freerunner

If you already own a A5/A6 or A7 device, we offer the rework as well,
but you have to ship the device to us which needs approx. 2 weeks
turnaround time:

	http://www.handheld-linux.com/wiki.php?page=1024-Rework

Nikolaus

PS: if you go to FOSDEM next week, please come to my presentation. I
may give a glimpse what could come after GTA02A7...
http://www.fosdem.org/2010/schedule/events/gnustep_porting_quantumstep

PPS: our server may respond a little slow today since it is victim of
a DoS attack

> Hi all,
> we are happy to announce that we and our partner TRISOFT now have the
> GTA02A7 models on regular sale and can ship from stock.
>
> What are the differences to the A6 models?
>
> * PCB revision A7
> * buzz-rework not required (to remove interference from GSM
> transmitter into microphone signal)
> * no capacitor on SD slot required (to remove interference from SD
> card clock to GPS receiver)
> * better recovers from completely empty or no battery
>
> You can easily distinguish the A7 from GTA02A5/A6 devices by the DATE
> CODE printed on the label inside the battery compartment or on the
> black box.
>
> Code 2008xxxx  -> A5 or A6
> Code 2009xxxx -> A7
>
> Although it does not solve all problems that have been reported (which
> mobile phone is 100% free of flaws?), the A7 is the best Freerunner we
> ever had!
>
> For those new to this list: the good thing is that it is
> * completely open mobile handheld platform
> * well documented
> * has all necessary certifications (FCC, R&TTE, CE, WEEE, ...)
> * is available from stock
> * software is becoming more and more stable (FSO, SHR etc.)
> * a platform with a future (GTA02-core)
>
> Nikolaus
>
> Product link: http://www.handheld-linux.com/wiki.php?page=Neo%20Freerunner

Mobile Office Solutions
by Golden Delicious Computers GmbH&Co. KG
Buchenstr. 3
D-82041 Oberhaching
+49-89-54290367
http://www.handheld-linux.com

AG München, HRA 89571
VAT DE253626266
Komplementär:
Golden Delicious Computers Verwaltungs GmbH
Oberhaching, AG München, HRB 16602
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Nikolaus Schaller

Digital Tools for Independent People