QGPSLog to be released

Christian Rüb christian.rueb at gmx.net
Fri Jan 29 17:18:39 CET 2010

On Friday, 29. January 2010 10:53:24 Christ van Willegen wrote:
> On 1/29/10, Christian Rüb <christian.rueb at gmx.net> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I wrote a GPS logging GUI that uses FSO for GPS and power control. It's
> >> simple and never supposed to get a map.
> >> My main target was to do  track logging (start,stop,split) and be avoid
> >> supsend when logging.
>
> That sounds very useful for logging OSM-data!

Part of the idea (thus split function), but I mainly wrote it for tracking whilst device is in pocket (for later photo correlation, etc.)

> What would be a killer addition is:
> - Listen for headset button event
> - Record audio whilst button held
> - Save audio next to track file.
>
> That way, you can easily do audio annotation of tracks (street name,
> road type, etc.). Would you consider adding this?
>
> Christ van Willegen

Sounds interesting - cannot guess right now how much work this would be. I'll have a look once I am back (March).
Currently I only use Qt and talk to FSO via dbus.
Do you know of some recording API that can easily be integrated - without too many dependencies?

Cheers,
 Christian