cpu reclocking to 500Mhz, overclocking to 533Mhz, performance tests and bootloader images

Tha_Man jeroenbreg at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 12 12:47:16 CEST 2010

Thanks a lot! I have done some testing again, this time with Qi:
the default QtMoko kernel (2.6.29-rc3) gives an error/kernel panic when
booting with the (*any*) overclocked Qi, while the SHR-U kernel (2.6.32)
*does* boot. I haven't tested SHR-U any further, but if you're saying it
suspends and resumes fine, I believe you :-)
I get nothing but a black screen and flashing AUX button with the QtMoko
kernel, while the SHR-U kernel boots fine. So there is quite a difference in
kernel config, or maybe even kernel version. I hope someone can find out
what kernel config (or bootloader adjustments) is needed for the overclock
to be successful (both under u-boot and Qi), because this still is very
promising! Especially the different CPU voltages are very nice to experiment
with, that should give a good balance between speed, heat and power
consumption.

Cheers, Tha_Man