[qtmoko] build failed

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Wed Jul 14 16:03:30 CEST 2010

On Wednesday 14 July 2010 15:38:55 Vinzenz Hersche wrote:

> Hey Radek,
>
> thx for your answer..
>
> libqt4-dev is already installed, so this isn't the failure..
>
> maybe, this is enough, i don't know, you as a main-dev of the project knows
> that better, i think. :)

I am building on kubuntu 10.04. I cant remember exactly if i had to install
something more, but libqt4-dev i think was enough.

> is it realy possible to watch youtube-videos now?

Yes, it works great.

> and could you maybe write a little tutorial which show's howto build images
> (jffs2 and for micro-sd-cards)?

I have docs for making rootfs here:

http://github.com/radekp/qtmoko/blob/master/doc/txt/debian_rootfs_howto.txt

> and is there also a possibility to clean-up old things? as first, the
> configure- process tooked a while, but now it stopped very fast..

I think it's best to delete the whole build dir.

> is it wrong to compile these things as root (i just thinked about that
> because of the toolchain)

I am compiling as regular user. I am not sure if compiling as root is good
idea...

Regards

Radek