Some questions to new SHR images (ubifs, gps)

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Mon Jul 26 12:04:53 CEST 2010

On Sunday 25 July 2010, Sylvain Paré wrote:
> Thanks for your feedback/tests.
> Just one question
>
> > GTA02A5 with no capacitor on SD clock
>
> for me  this 05 rev means there is a capacitor  on µSD . no ?

There is no way to tell from the A05 revision whether the capacitor is there
or not. The capacitor was not part of the A05 design, but was added as a
rework after the SD/GPS interaction problem was discovered but before it was
found to be fixable in software. Early A05s like mine shipped before the
problem was discovered, and don't have the capacitor. I never bothered adding
the capacitor as the kernel fix makes it unnecessary.