QtMoko v24 for GTA01

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Wed Jun 2 13:24:00 CEST 2010

Hi,
first of all thanks everybody for supporting QtMoko. I am glad that it works
for so many people.

I am now uploading images for older Openmoko model - Neo 1973 (GTA01). You can
download them from here [1].

Source code can be found on github master_gta01 branch [2]. Here you can also
find kernel config [3] and howto for debian rootfs [4].

There is not so much different to Freerunner image except that Neo 1973 has
only 64MB NAND flash so it was quite hard to make the image so small. I had to
manually delete a few big files from /usr (like zoneinfos) and there are only a
few packages there compared to Freerunner image.

However the phone can boot now, you can make calls and use most of the
applications there. Known problems are following:

- GPS will not be working out of the box for sure
- I was able to connect GPRS but ping for some reason didnt work.
- Long suspend gives me white screen
- I couldnt charge GTA02 battery (but i guess this is normal)
- QMplayer you'll have to manually edit config to use fb instead of glamo

So there is still a lot of work to be done. If you would like to contribute,
best way is to register on github and fork mine qtmoko repo or just send me
patches by email.

I have Neo 1973 phone borrowed from Pavel Machek. Thanks Pavel!

Any feedback is welcome. I am wondering how many people still have this old
Neo and if they are still using it.

Cheers

Radek

[1] https://sourceforge.net/projects/qtmoko/files/Neo1973
[2] http://github.com/radekp/qtmoko/tree/master_gta01
[3]
http://github.com/radekp/qtmoko/tree/master_gta01/devices/neo/linux_kernel/
[4]
http://github.com/radekp/qtmoko/blob/master_gta01/doc/txt/debian_rootfs_howto.txt

md5sums:

f2d8cb71d507e3247d49aea1bc04234d  qtmoko-debian-v24-gta01.jffs2
ae7e9a0f00700e2119d4b06b14a320dc  qtmoko-debian-v24-gta01.tar.gz
8edefeddac635861ed437bcac2967a74  uImage-v24-gta01.bin