QtMoko v24

Stefan Monnier monnier at iro.umontreal.ca
Thu Jun 3 15:42:06 CEST 2010

>> Why not use the circular in-memory buffer provided by busybox's syslogd?
>> It's what OpenWRT uses (and many other embedded firmwares): it doesn't
>> eat up your Flash/disk, but still gives you access to the last
>> few messages.
> but we dont have busybox in debian.

??? Ever tried "aptitude search busybox" ???
Not only it's part of Debian, but it's used in Debian's initrd, i.e. in
most desktop installations.

Actually, having just tried "aptitude search busybox", I see that not
only there is a busybox package, but there's even a busybox-syslogd
package in unstable, which provides the same feature as my script (in
a more verbose way, with more bells and whistles).

        Stefan