QtMoko v24

Denis Johnson denis.johnson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 10:10:06 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 4:48 AM, Radek Polak <psonek2 at seznam.cz> wrote:
> Hi,
> new QtMoko images v24 are out! You can download from our sourceforge [1]
> or visit our homepage [2][3].

Now that I have been trying V24 for some days, I can confirm the following:

1. I now have good call volumes and no distortion after setting audio
values via neocontrol and they are remembered across reboots if you
use the save option. Very happy.

2. Power Management
- does not detect current state .e.g. battery or AC. When AC plugged
in, still says "on battery"
- after suspend, state shows "locked" despite never going to lock. If
one goes to lock and then unlocks, power mgmt still shows state as
locked. Locked state goes to battery after attaching usb cable and
charging starts.

3. Unfortunately and the biggest show stopper for me, is I am still
experiencing sporadic GSM connectivity issues. This is not new though,
afaik this started as an issue sometime after v16. It would be
interesting to see if anyone else experiences these or knows a
workaround. If you want me to provide logs or you want to give me step
by step instructions for test cases, I'm happy to be a guinea pig to
resolve these issues once and for all:
- sometimes stays "searching for network", multiple restart of QT does
not clear it even when 3 bars or better are shown in signal meter on
left.
- sometimes after device reboot "no network" but then seems to
connect, however sometimes shows signal and carrier but cannot
establish outbound calls and inbound calls can't get through.
Obviously same for SMS.
- currently there does not appear to be any relationship to suspend

cheers Denis