iPhone 4 display for Openmoko?

Brolin Empey brolin at brolin.be
Thu Jun 10 02:56:26 CEST 2010

Raphaël Jacquot wrote:
> On 06/08/2010 07:54 AM, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> with the new iPhone it is for the first time better in display
>> resolution (640x960 on 3''5 = 326 dpi) than the Freerunner (640x480 on
>> 2''8 = 283 dpi) with higher dots per inch.
>>
>> Does anyone know where to get such a display? Who is making them?
>
> what I noticed is that a>  300ppi resolution is what's written about in
> "Star Trek TNG technical manual" ;)

What I noticed is that Apple, unlike Nullsoft, did not skip version 4 of
their skinnable product.  Consequently, a skintone (or yellow) skin
could be created for the iPhone 4 to create some iPhone 4 skin IP. ;)
Probably for reasons similar to not naming the Macintosh SE/30 the
Macintosh SEx (the SE/30 is an eXtended Macintosh SE;  the SE/30 is
essentially a Macintosh IIx in an SE case), though, Apple decided to
market “Bumpers for iPhone 4” instead of iPhone 4 skins. ;)

Now where is the news story about the pornographer who is pissed off
because the value of his (or her?) (marine (filmed at sea)?) watersports
IP has sunk or been flushed down the toilet and berried at sea because
it is flooding BitTorrent trackers after being being released
(discharged?) without his consent? ;)

> when do we get replicators&  warp drive ?

Windows 2000 had a Replicator group in 1999 (did Windows NT <= 4.0 have
a Replicator group too?) and OS/2 Warp 3 could be installed on a warp
drive in 1994. ;)  I opened the OS/2 article on Wikipedia to verify OS/2
Warp 3 was released in 1994, as I thought, and discovered OS/2 Warp /is/
actually named after Star Trek!  See
<http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=OS/2&oldid=366316272#The_.22Warp.22_years>.
:)

--
Sometimes I forget how to do small talk: <http://xkcd.com/222/>

“If you have to ask why, you’re not a member of the intended audience.”
— Bob Zimbinski, <http://webpages.mr.net/bobz/ttyquake/>