[QtMoko] FR dying unexpectedly?

Brolin Empey brolin at brolin.be
Thu Jun 10 16:25:48 CEST 2010

Hello World,

Sometimes (at least once per month?) my FR dies unexpectedly:  sometimes
it happens when I receive a phone call, even if my FR does not die when
the same phone number calls before and after the Call of Death.  Other
times, my FR is suspended or fully on while charging.  I have not
noticed a pattern so far.  My FR dies both when running on battery on
when charging.  When I say my FR dies, I mean it shows no user-visible
signs of life until I remove and reinstall the battery.  Before I do
this, I cannot even get my FR to power on again:  the display is off and
the power button does not appear to do anything.  Does this happen to
anyone else?  Is there a known cause and/or prevention?  I am currently
using QtMoko v19 with the QtMoko v19 debug kernel (suspend did not work
with the QtMoko v19 nodebug kernel) on a buzzfixed GSM 850 MHz GTA02A6.
  However, my FR has been dying unexpectedly for months, including with
previous releases of QtMoko.  My FR died again yesterday.  I checked
/var/log/messages:  there is nothing about the death:  only normal
messages before the death, then 2 hours of no messages during the death,
then normal boot messages after the death.

Thanks,
Brolin

--
Sometimes I forget how to do small talk: <http://xkcd.com/222/>

“If you have to ask why, you’re not a member of the intended audience.”
— Bob Zimbinski, <http://webpages.mr.net/bobz/ttyquake/>